I have personally tried two different liver/gallbladder flushes, and I like both of them. The first recipe I discovered was through Dr. Hulda Clark who believes this cleanse is “very safe, “and her opinion is based on over 500 cases, including many people in their seventies and eighties who have done the cleanse successfully. On the other hand, some people believe Clark’s recipe is too harsh due to the use epsom salts. If you don’t want to drink epsom salts, you may want to try the second cleanse that Dr. Anna Maria Clement facilitates at the Hippocrates Health Institute where I was certified (to learn more about attending this life-changing program click here). This is a very clean, safe and extremely effective cleanse for people who are able to fast for 4 days.
These amazing cleanses are said to be like surgery without a knife. Please consult a health care professional before doing a liver / gallbladder flush. It has been advised to refrain from these cleanses if you have cancer, tumors or cirrhosis of the liver, or if you have just had surgery, are pregnant or are recovering from an illness.
Dr. Hulda Clark’s Cleanse
-4 Tablespoons of Epsom salts
-1/2 Cup Cold-Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-5 or 6 Fresh Organic Grapefruits
Although Dr. Hulda Clark does not directly recommend it, and many people don’t do this, I believe it is important to prepare for at least 3 days before the cleanse by eating a vegetarian diet and eliminating all processed foods, dairy, sugar, flour, fried food, alcohol, coffee, soda and smoking. It is also advised to have a colonic or enema before and after the cleanse. Eat lots of organic apples during the 3 days.
~Begin this process on a day where you don’t have to do anything the following day, as you will be visiting the toilet frequently and will also want to rest after your release!
~Do not eat a heavy or high fat breakfast or lunch on the day you begin. Stick with fruits and veggies and light grains like quinoa or sprouted bread.
~Avoid taking any medications that are not absolutely essential.
~Do not eat or drink anything after 2:00 pm or you could feel quite ill later.
1) At 2:00 mix 4 Tablespoons of epsom salts with 3 cups of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice and pour into a jar. This makes four servings of 3/4 cup each. Place jar in the refrigerator to cool. Make sure you still have an extra whole grapefruit for later.
2) At 6:00 pm drink one serving (3/4 cup) of the epsom salt/grapefruit juice mixture
3) At 8:00 pm drink another 3/4 cup serving of the epsom salt/grapefruit juice mixture
4) Get everything ready for bed now, as you will not have time to even clean the kitchen later. It is essential to be on time.
5) At 9:45 pm pour 1/2 cup olive oil into a jar and squeeze a whole grapefruit (3/4 cup) into the jar. Close jar tightly with lid and shake vigorously.
6) Visit the bathroom one more time.
7) At 10:00 pm drink the olive oil and grapefruit juice concoction within 5 minutes or less while standing. (You can drink it by your bedside)
8) Lie down immediately on your right side and keep perfectly still for at least 20 minutes. Enjoy a good nights sleep!
9) At 6:00 am drink the 3rd 3/4 cup serving of the epsom salt/grapefruit juice mixture. You may go back to bed.
10) At 8:00 am drink the 4th 3/4 cup serving of the epsom salt/grapefruit juice mixture. You may go back to bed again.
11) At 10:00 you can start eating again if you wish. Keep it light with just fruit at first. By dinner time you should feel recovered.
How did you do?
Expect diarrhea in the morning. Look for green gallstones. Your bowel movement will sink and the green gallstones will float due to the cholesterol inside. Sometimes the bile ducts are full of cholesterol crystals that did not form into round stones. They appear as chaff floating on top of the toilet bowl water. It may be tan colored with tiny white crystals. Cleansing this chaff is just as important as purging stones. Congratulations! You have taken out your gallstones without surgery
Dr. Anna Maria Clement’s Liver Flush
During your four day fast, drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of green drinks, lemon water and purified water. (If you weigh 140 lbs, drink 70 oz of liquids). On each day of the fast, do a warm water enema and wheatgrass implant in the morning and an additional enema in the evening.
Ingredients and Prep:
1) Place 1/5 cup flaxseeds into 4/5 cup of purified water, set aside at room temperature for 24 hours, then begin to use. (This make 1 glass. You will need to drink this 3 x day)
2) You will need at least 13 cloves of garlic
3) A few organic apples
4) 1/2 your body weight in ounces of lemon water, purified water and “green” juice (combinations of cucumber, celery, sprouts, kale, chard, cilantro, parsley all freshly pressed each day)
5) 8 oz olive oil
Day 1: 3 times a day drink 8oz glass of flaxseed water, then 2 cloves of garlic along with thin apple slices
Day 2: Follow the same routine as day one except increase garlic to 3 cloves
Day 3: Follow the same routine as day one except increase garlic to 4 cloves. Just before going to bed at night, drink 4 ounces of olive oil… follow with lemon, orange or grapefruit slices.
Day 4: Repeat exactly the same procedure as day three.
Day 5: The fast is complete. Eat a very light lunch and dinner. Schedule a colonic to increase effectiveness.
*By the way, Dr. Clement’s Liver Cleanse is also great for gout and asthma, just leave out the olive oil and do the rest!